A shorter name for this cookie might be, "The Perfect Holiday Treat". There is no long story behind them other than they are delicious. Also, that I made them for the upcoming Thanksgiving festivities (and the Pumpkin Cheesecake amongst other delicacies...). Come Autumn, these treats are perfect any time with their fabulous color combination.
If memory serves me properly, last time I whipped these up I used pecans, not Macadamia nuts, also excellent. I think this updated version adds to holiday cheer (and longings of Hawaii as snow is en route??)-- the colors just make one want to snuggle up next to a warm fire with a loved one. So share these freely and spread a sweet cheer.
These cookies are great warm with a cold glass of milk. They are not overly sweet, are soft, hold a burst of spice on the inside, and keep their form well when baked.
CRANBERRY MACADAMIA WHITE CHOCO CHIP COOKIES
"THE PERFECT HOLIDAY TREAT" or "A TASTY MORSEL"
Makes about 25 2-inch cookie drops
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspice
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup oatmeal
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1/2 cup Macadamia nuts
1) Preheat oven to 350F
2) In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice.
3) With electric mixer in another bowl, add butter and sugar, mixing until fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla, mix until well combined.
4) Beat in flour mixture until well combined.
5) Add remaining ingredients and stir until evenly combined.
6) With a spoon, drop dough about 1 inch apart (the cookies do not ooze out too much in baking). Bake in batches in middle of the oven 10-12 min (or lightly golden) for soft cookies. Cool on racks.